[Catalog-sig] adding trove classifiers?

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 18:59:49 CET 2005

On 12/27/05, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> Suggested additions to go along with this one:

[long list deleted]

If "Environment" is the right place for this, we'd likely want
something under "Environment" to hold all of the web frameworks.

> This is just a preliminary list, of course.  If the idea is amenable we can do a more thorough survey of widely-used environments so that we don't miss anything.

Personally, I don't think there's a need to add every web framework.
Any package that can take add-ons should reasonably have a good way to
classify those add-ons, so knowing what those classifications should
be and how they're set up is a good idea. But, I don't think it's
worth adding everything we can think of if there aren't typically
add-ons that are distributed and want to register with the Cheeseshop.

If it's difficult to add trove classifiers, then maybe it's worth
adding them in bulk... but there will always be new things coming
along, and as long is the process is understood and not too onerous,
it would seem to make sense to add classifiers only when add-ons for a
package start showing up.

Kevin