[Catalog-sig] adding trove classifiers?

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:00:58 CET 2005

On 12/27/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Adding them to PyPI is easy. On your side, just submit a
> support request or bug report to
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pypi
>
> One of the PyPI committers can then easily edit that in
> (although it may take some time before somebody
> works on the report, anyhow).

OK, that's good to know.

> The difficult part is to come to an agreement what the classifier
> should be. I would personally put it under Environment::Web
> Environment.

The value in doing something like
Environment :: Web Environment :: TurboGears

is that it allows the information to be easily reused and linked to.
(For example, the TurboGears site can link directly to the list of
available TurboGears pakages...)

If the data is available, it could also be reformatted for use on the
TurboGears site.

Kevin