[Catalog-sig] PEP 314: latest draft

Wed, 7 May 2003 10:49:07 -0400

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 08:07:37AM +1000, Richard Jones wrote:
>I've had instances where users have included the entirety of their license=
 in=20
>the license field. The question is whether that's appropriate. I also vote=
=20

Not according to PEP 241: "License: A string selected from a short
list of choices, specifying the license covering the package."

>I believe we should ask for adherence to the ReST format here. Simple=20
>paragraphs for most descriptions and use of ReST formatting if you want to=
=20
>get fancy. At the moment I'm <pre> formatting the description in PyPI beca=
use=20
>I don't know whether I can trust the input data.

Is it OK to begin building a dependency on ReST into the Python core?=20
Maybe I'll bring this up on python-dev.

>Download URL?

Proposed text:

    Download-URL
   =20
      A string containing the URL from which this version of the package=20
      can be downloaded.  (This means that the URL can't be something like
      ".../package-latest.tgz", but instead must be "../package-0.45.tgz".)

>>       A string containing at a minimum the author's name.  Contact
>>       information can also be added, separating each line with
>>       newlines.
>
>PyPI will have to be modified to handle this spec :)

Hm... that seems doubtful, and I've never seen it used.  I've removed=20
the mention of separating each line.

--amk                                                    (www.amk.ca)
Prying curiosity means death.
      -- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Rats in the Walls"

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N--