[Borgbackup] Lock error

Steve Schow steve at bstage.com
Mon May 16 12:14:13 EDT 2016

it is remotely possible that the one time this happened to me before was exactly because of the cron thing because I had scheduled a cron to do it, while this job was still in progress…..and the next day it may have tried to run again while the first one was still running.  Unfortunately I wasn’t redirecting logging yet when that “might” have happened…so I don’t have any way to know.  I will be implementing a mechanism to prevent borg from being able to run over itself..  I had to go back and delete several check point files and restart the backup using an archive name from the day before (since the name of the archive was using a datestamp), and its been running fine ever since…I hope almost done.

back to my original question…  how can I automatically clean up the lock files when this happens again?

Did anyone have a look at my bash shell traps?