[Borgbackup] migrating from attic

Alexey Bazhin baz at irc.msk.ru
Mon Mar 21 07:07:31 EDT 2016

Hi!

I had attic backup of 110GB source data with passphrase encryption.
700 snpashots was using about 150GB of space on backup storage which
was filled 65% of total capacity.

I had tried migrating without --inplace option, but ran out of space
(with 35% being free before migration), so I had to migrate with
--inplace which was successfull.

Next I tried to make a new backup with borg (on same almost unchanged
data), but ran out of space on backup storage again. Command is:
# borg create --stats --compression zlib host:/backup::2016-03-20 /data
Why deduplication haven't worked as it was in attic?

Also /root/.cache/borg used 42GB space which is IMHO way too much.

--
Alexey Bazhin <baz at irc.msk.ru>