[Baypiggies] call for speakers, especially re concurrency

Joshua Gallagher joshua.gallagher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:53:28 CEST 2007

I won't speak for anyone else, but I would find any discussion, where
threads are a topic, to be extremely beneficial. Especially useful
would be an introduction or general review of threaded
programming--one with lots of examples :-)--targeted to those who are
fluent and active users of Python.

Python is the first language that I have done any substantial
development in, and I love it. But I find the topic of threading in
general to be a bit intimidating and one where I find that many of the
implementation details and best practices are a bit like tribal
knowledge.

Perhaps as a precursor to more advanced topics on the GIL,
concurrency, etc., such an introduction on the application of
threading in Python programming may be useful for the group.

Joshua