[AstroPy] units in ascii read/write?

Rolf Buehler rolf.buehler at desy.de
Wed May 15 08:32:35 EDT 2013

Hi Tim,
thank you very much for the quick response. I also did not find a
document which defines the SExtractor format, I just started using it as
an other python module (AstroAsciiData) uses it. I understood the
convention as you said:

#    NR    name    comments also with spaces    [units in brackets]
value1    value2    etc..

(note the TABs above between columns)

I also looked through the SExtractor manual and found no defninition, so
maybe the above will work?
It is also what the metnioned AstroAsciiData uses:

http://www.stecf.org/software/PYTHONtools/astroasciidata/manual/asciidata/node2.html#SECTION00025000000000000000

Thanks and cheers,
Rolf

+49 337627-7249