[XML-SIG] composite documents

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Sun Nov 9 13:00:26 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 05:35:55PM +0100, Frederic Gobry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wondered what the best solution would be to solve the following
> problem:
>
> I've two families of XML documents my application generates. The first
> one (let's call it the Schema, even if it's a plain XML document) can
> be saved standalone, or as part of the second (the Data).
>
> I've a xml.sax.handler.ContentHandler derived class to parse the
> Schema, and I would like to somehow reuse it in the content handler of
> the Data parser. Is it possible, easy, not a good idea ?

Here's a nice XML parsing trick: you're allowed to change the
ContentHandler of a Sax reader during parsing (e.g. during a
startElement callback). So you can have the DataContentHandler register
the SchemaContentHandler during parsing and the SchemaContentHandler
register the DataContentHandler back when the Schema has been parsed.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).