[XML-SIG] Fastest SAX parser in PyXML

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Nov 7 18:41:36 EST 2003

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> IMHO xml.parsers.expat shouldn't exist, and there should only be a SAX
> driver for expat implemented in C. I guess what we're lacking is the
> manpower to do that.

As long as you don't hide it before all applications stop depending on it.
I am glad the expat situation finally has been reaching some sanity and
doesn't get imported from all over the place in subtly incompatible ways
in Python land, and if you get rid of this import, there'll we go again. :)

But of course it's true it'd be nice if everything were using the SAX
interface.

Regards,

Martijn