[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
21 Feb 2002 19:31:28 +0200

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 17:17, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 08:02:46AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > I think we should have as many tools as makes sense in PyXML.  My main=20
> > question would be: what else do people need to have besides what is bun=
dled in=20
> > PyXML?  I assume libxml and the like, which is probably too much.
>=20
>   yup. I have been (mostly silently) following that list for the last mon=
th
> and it is clear that libxml2/libxslt is in a large part redundant. On the
> other hand I needed good Python bindings which would work with python 1.5
> even if ancient.

Should it work with python 2.2 ?

I'm able to import libxml2 fine but import libxslt gives

[GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-85)] on linux2
>>> import libxml2mod
>>> import libxsltmod
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: h=938=B5x@/libz.sow: shared object not open

Or should I just recompile without zlib ?

Hannu