[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:46:48 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:31:28PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Should it work with python 2.2 ?

  In theory, yes. I think I tested it so far on Red Hat builds with
1.5, 2.1 and 2.2 for architectures i386, ia64 and alpha.

> I'm able to import libxml2 fine but import libxslt gives
>=20
> [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-85)] on linux2
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: h=938=B5x@/libz.sow: shared object not open
>=20
> Or should I just recompile without zlib ?

  No, that's something I'm puzzled at, it had been reported
already and we could not find the problem yet:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml-bindings/2002-February/msg00014.html

 This seems related to something like:
   module A need shared lib l1
   module B need module A and shared lib l2
   shared lib l2 depends on a symbol from l1

and at that point the behaviour becomes unstable.=20
It could be that there is one explicit dependancy missing in the shared
object which makes the process unreliable. And there must be some memory
corruption going on (look at the string) but where !

Daniel

--=20