[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:17:39 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 08:02:46AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> I think we should have as many tools as makes sense in PyXML.  My main
> question would be: what else do people need to have besides what is bundled in
> PyXML?  I assume libxml and the like, which is probably too much.

  yup. I have been (mostly silently) following that list for the last month
and it is clear that libxml2/libxslt is in a large part redundant. On the
other hand I needed good Python bindings which would work with python 1.5
even if ancient. My set of APIs is huge (800+ functions) and covers
quite a bit more than just XML, half of them are available at the Python
level (not all types have wrappers), it was built as an independant subsystem
hence the relatively large scope.

> Either way, I'd be happy to update the XML-SIG XML topic to mention it.

  thanks, if you think it's on-topic.

> Thanks a bunch for this.

  You're welcome,

Daniel