[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.7 & 4XSLT

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:44:24 -0600

> Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> writes:

> In the specific case, Daniel suggested that libxslt will offer good
> speed and conformance, and I believe him (without ever having
> installed the libxslt wrappers). He did not comment at all on the
> speed and conformance of 4XSLT. I guess he could not have, because he
> never used it.

Sure, and libxslt, being written in C++, with a Python wrapper, is always
likely to win on performance, without any extraordinary tricks in play.  As I
mentioned, my comment was meant to discuss conformance.  I know of one
conformance bug right now: a pretty obscure corner of namespace nodes which I
should really just stop now and fix.  There might be others, but I'd like to
know what they are.

I think conformance is pretty much granted, these days, in XSLT processors, so
I wouldn't expect to pick one over the other for conformance reasons.

--
Uche Ogbuji                   Principal Consultant     Fourthought, Inc.
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com   http://Fourthought.com   +1 720 320 2046