[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] What should go in Debian Woody?

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:21:39 +0200

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:24:05PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Yes.  4RDF, in particular, is still usable.  But would this not just
> cause more confusion?

4ODS seems OK too.

> What is the upgrade path for packages in stable?  If Woody initially
> goes out with back-dated 4Suite or none, can the sources later update
> with stable versions of 4Suite 0.12.0?  Or would these only appear in
> testing from now (which I assume is what Sid will become)?

4suite is not in potato. PyXML-0.5.1 is.

My understanding of the releases in Debian is that it is quite hard to
get anything apart form security updates in Stable after it is released.
And since lots of API have changed between 4Suite 0.11.1 and 0.12.0, I'd
guess that 0.12.0 would have to go in testing at best.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).