[XML-SIG] Are you interested in bug reports?

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:48:04 +0200 (CEST)

> Jérôme, thanks so much for all your hard work as Debian maintainer.  I'm just
> getting into Debian, and I am extremely chuffed at how easy it is to maintain,
> after the god-awful pain that it is to install.  I've been a Red Hatter for
> four years, now, and I discovered Python through Red Hat, but I'm quite
> tempted to switch to Debian (sorrt Trond  :-)  ).  Anyway, I gather Debian is
> as solid as it is because of the mases of unpaid volunteers such as you are.
> I'll try to be better about checking out your bug reports.

FWIW, I eventually (re)discovered Debian after 7 years using Linux (I took
the wrong path long ago when picking up a RedHat 4.0 CD instead of a
Debian one) and got so impressed that I switched all our boxes from RedHat
to Debian. Sorry RedHat et al., but even if RPM and DPKG are very much
alike, your software repository is absent whereas hundreds of maintainers
are taking care of Debian stable/testing/unstable and make my sysadmin
life so much easier...

I look forward to having the same for python packages!

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais où est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)