[XML-SIG] Are you interested in bug reports?

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 04:06:11 -0500

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 01:48:04PM +0200, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> FWIW, I eventually (re)discovered Debian after 7 years using Linux (I took
> the wrong path long ago when picking up a RedHat 4.0 CD instead of a
> Debian one) and got so impressed that I switched all our boxes from RedHat
> to Debian. Sorry RedHat et al., but even if RPM and DPKG are very much
> alike, your software repository is absent whereas hundreds of maintainers
> are taking care of Debian stable/testing/unstable and make my sysadmin
> life so much easier...

  Except a rant, is there anything productive we could extract from your
message. I.e. what exactly went wrong ? What could have fixed it ?
  I can't make sense of "your software repository is absent". It is clear
that Red Hat is focusing on professionnal computing services where
the goal is to provide a clearly identified set of working packages
who have been tested, and does not try to integrate every possible
package. The goal is to select and cleanup, not to aggregate an infinite
set of package without the possibility to do quality insurance.

Daniel