[XML-SIG] Are you interested in bug reports?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:10:47 -0700

> =

> =3D?iso-8859-1?Q?J=3DE9r=3DF4me?=3D Marant writes:
>  >   Is anyone here interested in bug reports? I've forwarded to
>  >   the list a couple of them, and it seems that none of you
>  >   even bother fix them or apply patches in the CVS.
> =

> Only some people are the same; there are many more people involved in
> PyXML than in 4Suite.

Is that so?  I'm surprised to hear it.  But then again, it doesn't really=
 =

matter.

>  >   Now, if you want bug reports and patches, I can provide
>  >   some more. Please speak up!
> =

> We do have a bug database set up on SourceForge; that's probably the
> best place to report bugs.  Things that land on a mailing list get
> lost too easily.  The tracker on SF doesn't give us any more time to
> fix problems or review bugs, but we won't lose them!
> =

> The tracker can be found at:
> =

> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxml/

Very good point, Fred, and I'll make the same pointer to the trackers at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/foursuite/

But I do want to add one thing:

J=E9r=F4me, thanks so much for all your hard work as Debian maintainer.  =
I'm just =

getting into Debian, and I am extremely chuffed at how easy it is to main=
tain, =

after the god-awful pain that it is to install.  I've been a Red Hatter f=
or =

four years, now, and I discovered Python through Red Hat, but I'm quite =

tempted to switch to Debian (sorrt Trond  :-)  ).  Anyway, I gather Debia=
n is =

as solid as it is because of the mases of unpaid volunteers such as you a=
re.  =

I'll try to be better about checking out your bug reports.

-- =

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +1 720 320 2046
Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management
Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston): =

http://www.xmlconference.com/