[XML-SIG] News on Sourceforge

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:32:47 -0500

> > As a sworn-in developer, you should be able to submit a news item to
> > fix this!  Go to "News" and then click on "Submit".  If you can't,
> > one of the project admins (e.g. Fred, Andrew or Martin) should do it,
> > or they can give you permission to submit new news items by going into
> > the Admin page.
>
> Yes.  I should have completed my question.  I'm never sure what only
> admins can do and what only mere developers can.  The impression
> I've developed is that all I can do is check in code, which is why I
> didn't look to add the news items myself.

Actually, it's up to the admins to give the "mere" developers
additional permissions.  In the Python project, it is a policy to give
all developers all permissions -- because in our view checkin
permission (which every developer has) is more powerful than any of
the sourceforge admin things, so why not give everybody all
permissions!