[XML-SIG] News on Sourceforge

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 14:58:01 -0700

> > The latest news on
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxml/
> >
> > Is the 0.6.1 release back in October.
>
> As a sworn-in developer, you should be able to submit a news item to
> fix this!  Go to "News" and then click on "Submit".  If you can't,
> one of the project admins (e.g. Fred, Andrew or Martin) should do it,
> or they can give you permission to submit new news items by going into
> the Admin page.

Yes.  I should have completed my question.  I'm never sure what only admins
can do and what only mere developers can.  The impression I've developed is
that all I can do is check in code, which is why I didn't look to add the news
items myself.

If I find that I do have permissions, I'll do so.

More importantly, it would be nice for whoever is releasing a PyXML package to
update SF at the same time.  Of course it's hard to remember such things, so
perhaps we need to make up a release check-list.

My first attempt:

*  Ask all developers to check in (say 72 hours before planned release)

  - Note: I actually had some fixes in my local repo that would have been nice
to get into 0.6.4 (they're in now).  I guess I should just check in more often.

*  Check all test suites (all are in the test directory, except for
PyXML/xml/dom/ext/reader/test_suite/Benchmark.py, which looks as if it should
just be nuked)

*  Update any docs

*  Draft announcement

*  Update SF page