[XML-SIG] 4Suite 0.11.1 and PyXML 0.6.5

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:14:45 +0200

> I've been quite busy these last weeks, and have not managed to follow the
> various mailing lists as closely as I would have wanted. Is there a
> release of PyXML 0.6.6 planned that would mainly feature the changes in
> xml.dom.ext that make PyXML compatible with 4Suite-0.11.1's pDomlette ?

The 0.6.6 branch is open for people to commit into it; I trust that
anybody committing changes will follow a "bug fixes only" strategy
there.

Once there is actually stuff to release, I'd happily produce a release.

> Yet another (dumb) question : is the new version of XPath (thread
> and unicode friendly) part of 4Suite 0.11.1 or PyXML 0.7 ?

The PyXPath in the current PyXML CVS is already thread any
unicode-aware; it is not based on the recent "unicode friendly" code
from 4Suite (which I understand uses UTF-8 strings).

I have currently no plans to integrate the 4Suite XPath parsers into
PyXML, mainly because of the build complexity. Of course, if anybody
would take the challenge and put the extension modules into
extensions/, that would be fine as well.

Regards,
Martin