[XML-SIG] 4suite build troubles

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:24:35 +0200

Mike Olson wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

>   Can you try building the 0.11.1b3?  Its not an offical release yet,
> but is pretty close.  We put a lot of work into the parsers (which is
> where you are seeing the compile errors).  We do still use strdup
> though....

Actually, I wasn't seeing compile errors... The problems currently are:

1. link errors
   I have no clue how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone
   else ever built 4Suite successfully on the Mac?

2. strdup()
   If strdup() is unavoidable, maybe it's an idea to offer a mystrdup.{ch},
   and specify a macro in setup.py.

3. misc portability issues in setup.py
 - glob.glob("a/b/c/*.py") is not portable. Maybe you should look
   into glob.glob1(dir, pat).
 - The path '.' is not portable. You should use os.curdir instead.

Just