[XML-SIG] 4suite build troubles

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 08:21:37 -0600

Just van Rossum wrote:

> Actually, I wasn't seeing compile errors... The problems currently are:
>
> 1. link errors
>    I have no clue how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone
>    else ever built 4Suite successfully on the Mac?

I miss spoke, these should go away if you use the beta version.

> 2. strdup()
>    If strdup() is unavoidable, maybe it's an idea to offer a mystrdup.{ch},
>    and specify a macro in setup.py.
>
> 3. misc portability issues in setup.py
>  - glob.glob("a/b/c/*.py") is not portable. Maybe you should look
>    into glob.glob1(dir, pat).
>  - The path '.' is not portable. You should use os.curdir instead.

We will try and fix two and three before the final release but I won't
be able to get to it today.  You had said you had work arounds for these
though.

Mike

--
Mike Olson                                Principal Consultant
mike.olson@fourthought.com                +1 303 583 9900 x 102