Fw: [XML-SIG] consolidation?

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:43:17 +0200

> I can create applications for parsing in Java, JPython and Python with
> saxlib.
> I mean to write my own callbacks to control content handler, error
> handler, and DTD handler, to decide what to display and what to do.

That is my point.

> But when I found the same procedure cannot apply to xmlproc
> directly(you said "raw xmlproc API"), I was a bit little depressed,
> and then thought about sticking to standards. That's why I said
> "re-learn".

If you don't want to learn xmlproc, then just don't. I just completed
writing a book on Python that also talks about XML, and I did not
mention the xmlproc API with a single line of text - I claim there
only is SAX and DOM in Python.

> As for DOM, I meant the original DOM, not 4DOM. I remembered that
> core.py had different method names from spec one month ago. Were
> those changed?

core.py is not part of the PyXML CVS anymore; 4DOM now is. In
addition, Python 2.0 includes minidom, which also appears to be fully
compatible.

In any case: What was your specific complaint about core.py?

Regards,
Martin