Fw: [XML-SIG] consolidation?

Frank J.S. Chen frank63@ms5.hinet.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:39:11 -0000

> Can you give a specific example where xmlproc deviates from the SAX
> API? What is wrong with
> xml.sax.saxexts.make_parser("xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc")
> if you insist on creating a SAX reader using xmlproc, or with
> xml.sax.saxexts.XMLValParserFactory.make_parser()
> if you just want a validating parser, which happens to be
> xmlproc-based.
> I would not recommend anybody to use the raw xmlproc API... As far as
> I can tell, the resulting parsers slavishly follow SAX.

I can create applications for parsing in Java, JPython and Python with
saxlib.
I mean to write my own callbacks to control content handler, error handler,
and
DTD handler, to decide what to display and what to do.

But when I found the same procedure cannot apply to xmlproc directly(you
said
"raw xmlproc API"), I was a bit little depressed, and then thought about
sticking to standards. That's why I said "re-learn".

As for DOM, I meant the original DOM, not 4DOM. I remembered that
core.py had different method names from spec one month ago. Were those
changed?

Frank Chen