[XML-SIG] New stuff on w3.org

Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:01:42 +0100

> Forgive the abrupt de-cloak... but this is nice to hear...  I'm diving
> quite deeply into implementing Python with PyXML, and was really
> wondering what you (the creators) think the core aspects of PyXML are--
> I'm really banking on it, think its a great API, and would like to know
> where you're headed.

To me, the core part of PyXML are the parsers (expat and xmlproc), and
the parser APIs (SAX and DOM); for all of those, you'll see
improvements in upcoming releases.

> Anyone care to speak up about what they think the core functionality
> of PyXML should be for the long-term (in this world I think thats
> about 6 to 9 months)?

As amk explained, free software lives from user contributions. Without
any contributions, PyXML will look essentially the same in 9 months as
it does today. There is a chance that we start distributing more parts
of 4Suite in PyXML, in addition to 4DOM; these parts would most likely
be 4XPath and 4XSLT.

Regards,
Martin