[XML-SIG] New stuff on w3.org

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:26:05 -0500

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 02:23:50PM -0800, Chris Jones wrote:
>Anyone care to speak up about what they think the core functionality of
>PyXML should be for the long-term (in this world I think thats about 6
>to 9 months)?

Beats me; it's whatever people choose to implement and contribute.  To
pursue the XSchema example, I'm sure that if someone implemented
XSchema for Python, it would certainly be considered for inclusion.
But no one has said publicly that they're working on such support or
released any code.  This is how free software projects work; usually
there's no plan, so you can't say what will happen over the next 6
months.  If a feature -- XSchema, XSLT, whatever -- matters to you,
you can help implement it and rewrite the plan yourself, but
prediction is essentially impossible.  (At the last Python conference
Guido had a set of slides with new features for 1.6 and 2.0; some of
those features made it in, but several others didn't.)

--amk