[XML-SIG] State of the world

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@step.de
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:21:32 +0200

(Given the amount of activity on the list I've subscribed, even if it
means I receive all messages twice.)

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> One clarification: I wasn't suggesting
> that a DTD module be distributed separately.  If we agree that it
> would be useful, it would be part of the basic package, and could be
> part of the SAX or DOM implementations, or unconnected to either of
> them.

I think the clarification needs further clarification. :-)

The DTD module is part of xmlproc already, so it will have to be
distributed separately in the sense that it's distributed separately
from xmlproc. (Unless you plan to include xmlproc, which would be OK,
but what you've said so far doesn't indicate that you do.)

If people think a module that only parses DTDs, delivers DTD events
and provides a DTD-related object structure would be useful, I could
take this piece out of xmlproc and distribute it separately.

--Lars M.