[Web-SIG] WSGI 1 Changes [ianb's and my changes]

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Sep 18 01:01:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Armin Ronacher
<armin.ronacher at active-4.com> wrote:
> I just want to point out that these are in no way final and are further
> intended to only clarify some of the wrong wordings for Python 2, give
> us a real readline() function on the input stream and get rid of useless
> old cruft such as Python 2.2 support and Jython compatibility which no
> longer appears to be a problem.

To reiterate: people have complained that we've discussed
non-controversial changes to WSGI, but the spec hasn't been updated.
This was in large part, I think, because no one took the step going
from discussion to actual proposed PEP changes.  So these are some
proposed changes, intended to be conservative.  They are meant to be
conservative, more like errata than a real revision, and to reflect
current WSGI practice.  If someone thinks one of the changes goes too
far, then we can discuss -- I think we'll just be more constructive if
we stick to concrete changes to the PEP so we can easily implement
what we all agree on.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |  http://topplabs.org/civichacker