[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Apr 17 23:26:26 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 19:18, Brendan O'Connor wrote:

> Let me put it this way: I've spent weeks and weeks researching many
> many python frameworks, but never found one that seemed proven in
> terms of adoption by a large number of high-traffic sites.

Plone seems pretty widespread - one only needs to look at a lot of high
profile open source sites (eg. Ubuntu Linux) to see that it's becoming very
popular. However, much has already been said about whether it (and also Zope)
is easy to develop for, and whether its focus is too narrow for any old Web
application to be developed for it without overdue frustration.

Paul