[SciPy-user] (Mac) Close a plot window, crash IPython?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:27:31 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Warde-Farley wrote:
> > On 13-Jul-07, at 3:01 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> >
> >> And if you have further issues, then Robert is right in suggesting
> >> that this be continued on the mpl lists so that we don't create
> >> unnecessary noise on the scipy ones.  It's important to keep each list
> >> on topic for many reasons.
> >
> > Indeed, though I wasn't really sure where to start. I viewed it as a
> > problem with the SciPy "environment", which sort of comprise IPython/
> > MPL/Numpy/Scipy/etc., so I posted here. For future reference, is the
> > intended topic of this list only the packages that comprise the
> > "scipy" tarball?
>
> Not strictly, no. However, once we've narrowed down the problem to matplotlib,
> there are more users and developers of matplotlib that hang out on the
> matplotlib list to help you than there are here.
>
> Don't worry about breaching etiquette; you didn't. It's perfectly acceptable to
> start here. I'm just trying to get you the best help for your problem.

And sorry if it sounded like I was chastising you (David), that was
most certainly NOT my intention!  I fully agree with Robert that it
was perfectly reasonable to start here, I just worded poorly my
suggestion to continue on the mpl list at this point in the bug hunt.

I really don't want to appear as creating a hostile atmosphere for
anyone to report bugs or ask for help when they aren't 100% sure of
where the problem is coming from (ipython/numpy/scipy/mpl/etc).

Regards,