[SciPy-user] (Mac) Close a plot window, crash IPython?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:22:01 EDT 2007

David Warde-Farley wrote:
> On 13-Jul-07, at 3:01 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>> And if you have further issues, then Robert is right in suggesting
>> that this be continued on the mpl lists so that we don't create
>> unnecessary noise on the scipy ones.  It's important to keep each list
>> on topic for many reasons.
>
> Indeed, though I wasn't really sure where to start. I viewed it as a
> problem with the SciPy "environment", which sort of comprise IPython/
> MPL/Numpy/Scipy/etc., so I posted here. For future reference, is the
> intended topic of this list only the packages that comprise the
> "scipy" tarball?

Not strictly, no. However, once we've narrowed down the problem to matplotlib,
there are more users and developers of matplotlib that hang out on the
matplotlib list to help you than there are here.

Don't worry about breaching etiquette; you didn't. It's perfectly acceptable to
start here. I'm just trying to get you the best help for your problem.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco