[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with open_app Action Event

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Jul 15 18:52:48 CEST 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2006, at 4:42 AM, has wrote:
>
>> Stefan Holmer wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, well, then I'm pretty sure I'm actually using 2.4.3.
>>
>> I sent Ronald a patch for argvemulator in May. I believe it's in the
>> 2.5 beta; I don't know if it's been applied to any 2.4.x releases
>> yet; you'd need to ask.
>
> Where is this patch? You should put it in sourceforge if you ever
> want to see it in Python.

I should have been slightly more clear, the patch is in the python
repository in both the trunk and 2.4 maintainance, it is not in the
universal tree.  I don't really intent to do any more work on that
tree, the universal patches for 2.5 need to be backported to 2.4-main
instead. I've mostly done that, but haven't checked those changes in
yet. Getting those in is a good goal for this weekend.

BTW. I ended up applying a slightly different patch to avoid backward
incompatibilities (the timeout argument).

> Emails are terribly easy to lose if you
> can't deal with them immediately, and Ronald isn't the only person
> who can deal with these things.

Tell me about it, it took me considerable time to recover the e-mail
with has' original patch because he didn't upload it as a patch to
the SF tracker.

> Personally I'm interested in getting a working argvemulator into
> py2app ASAP, and am too lazy to write it myself.

Get the one in python2.5, that definitely works. It uses an eventloop
from the OS7 era, but that's just because I didn't want to research
how to do a CarbonEvt loop that times out after a second.

Ronald