[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with a py2app bundle

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri May 13 02:17:26 CEST 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 5:15 PM, Quentin DECAVEL wrote:

> I have compiled pygame 1.6.2 from source on my OS X.2, and then
> tried again
> py2app. The created application is working fine, but each time I
> try to launch
> a movie the app quits. The error message tells me that a module is
> missing:

Don't use 1.6.2, use 1.7 (precompiled at http://pythonmac.org/
packages/) or compile from CVS yourself.

> 2005-05-12 23:01:36.303 Greenhouse[480] Greenhouse Error
>
> 2005-05-12 23:01:36.304 Greenhouse[480] An unexpected error has
> occurred
> during execution of the main script
>
> NotImplementedError: movieext module not available
>
> Is there a way to correct it ? In the src folder the movieext.c is
> present, so
> I assume this is a matter of adding the file name in some
> configuration file
> before the compilation, but which one ?

No, movieext is not a supported extension.  It's not really available
anywhere and it never compiles without jiggering Setup.in.  It
probably won't be around much longer.

[from Setup.in]
#experimental new movie movie. requires libavcodec and libavformat.
#add any necessary compile flags to this line and uncomment.
#movieext src/movie.c  src/ffmovie.c $(SDL) -lavcodec -lavformat