[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pythoncard-users] Re: PythonCard on OS X 10.4 with Python 2.4.1

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Aug 26 17:35:44 CEST 2005

adriano at euma.com wrote:

>Hello listers,
>

>"Samuel M. Smith" <smithsm at samuelsmith.org> wrote on 08/25/2005 10:53:55
>AM:
>

>>Anybody have any luck in getting PythonCard to work on OS X 10.4x
>>with Python 2.4.1?
>>The PythonCard websit is limited to Panther instructions. I saw a
>>post where someone got it to work with Python 2.3.5.
>>

>There's a current thread about this in the PythonCard-users group,
>under the non-clear subject name:
>
>        Re: update (was: Re: [Pythoncard-users] supposed bug in
>PythonCard)
>

>Yes I originated the thread. I found a bug in Pythoncard with python 2.4.1 and wxPython 2.6.1.0 and
>PythonCard 0.8.1
>
>It's not "supposed". It's a quite clearly a bug.

Adriano -
the only reason the subject line says "supposed bug ..." is because
that's the subject line you chose for your initial posting to the
Pythoncard list on this topic :-)

As you say, there definitely is a bug, and I believe it can be reliably
reproduced (since it's Mac only, I cannot reproduce it myself, but I
believe everyone on Mac can do so).

Something appears to have changed wrt the path that Python's sys.modules
reports for imported files. As far as I know, no-one has yet verified
for sure whether it is a Python bug or merely a platform-specific change
that Pythoncard will need to adjust for. (Nor do I know how we'll be
able to adjust - but I'm hoping that some of the PythonCard / Mac users
are investigating ....)