[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.4.1 not replacing earlier versions.

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:53:21 CEST 2005

Complete and utter Mac newbie here - be gentle with me!

Hi, all. I've downloaded and installed MacPython 2.4.1 from
undefined.org. It installed happily enough, and seems to run fine. But
when I attempt to install PyObjC (from
pyobjc-1.3.7-py2.4-macosx10.4.zip) it says that it requires Python
2.4.

I think that may be something to do with the fact that the original
version of Python that came with the machine is still 'in charge'.
Starting Python on the command line gives me version 2.3.5 - and when
I installed appscript, it beccame available to Python 2.3.5 but not to
Python 2.4.

Now, I can appreciate that changing the version of Python that the OS
uses might not be a good idea, but how do I get 2.4.1 working with
appscript and PyObjC? Or is that a bad idea?

I'm running OSX 10.4.2 in a nice shiny new Powerbook, if that helps. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Simon B,