[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonCard on OS X 10.4 with Python 2.4.1

adriano@euma.com adriano at euma.com
Thu Aug 25 21:35:51 CEST 2005

Hello listers,

"Samuel M. Smith" <smithsm at samuelsmith.org> wrote on 08/25/2005 10:53:55
AM:

> Anybody have any luck in getting PythonCard to work on OS X 10.4x
> with Python 2.4.1?
> The PythonCard websit is limited to Panther instructions. I saw a
> post where someone got it to work with Python 2.3.5.

There's a current thread about this in the PythonCard-users group,
under the non-clear subject name:

        Re: update (was: Re: [Pythoncard-users] supposed bug in
PythonCard)

Yes I originated the thread. I found a bug in Pythoncard with python 2.4.1 and wxPython 2.6.1.0 and
PythonCard 0.8.1

It's not "supposed". It's a quite clearly a bug.

The installation worked. The "Minimal" application started correctly and you can consider this as a
test for correct installation, as stated in the tutorial.

What I found is:

a) when starting the resource editor, a .cfg file was looked for in PythonCard/somethin/something/
instead it was in PythonCard/
Now I don't remember exactly but you can read my posts. I reported it, I think
Or you can follow the tutorial instructions and you probably reproduce it

b) The ResourceEditor doesn't start correctly. It looks for sources to load in the wrong position,
i don't know why.

That' s it

I think you can reproduce theese problems quite easly, if you try

And if you can find something more than what I found, I'd be grateful if you would report too.

Thanks so much
Bye
Adriano