[Pythonmac-SIG] First stab at new MacPython website

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Jul 25 18:56:41 EDT 2003

On Friday, Jul 25, 2003, at 17:50 America/New_York, Nicholas Riley
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:45:04PM -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> I don't think that strange typography ( re: http://www.python.org/ )
>> would work, what would you suggest as an alternative?  What's wrong
>> with the snake?  Windows has the snake, pygame has a snake :)
>
> Hey, we use Macs for a -reason- here :-)
>
> Seriously, I really like the 16 ton weight; if it's a bit cryptic, who
> cares, at least it's symbolic and a lot easier to draw than a snake.
> People should be aware of the -real- origin of the name Python.

Good point, neither the 16 ton weight or a plain-jane snake are
anywhere close to complying with the Aqua Human Interface Guidelines.
However, IMHO, it'd be a lot more fun to make a Aqua-HIG compliantish
icon with a snake (i.e. something like the script editor icon, with a
snake instead of the 'scroll') than with a 16 ton weight!