[Pythonmac-SIG] First stab at new MacPython website

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Fri Jul 25 16:25:39 EDT 2003

> From: Nicholas Riley
>
> A somewhat related question - why is MacPython not hosted on
> python.org?  It does make it seem a bit like the neglected stepchild
> to have it off on its own site when the Windows/Unix Python versions
> are directly there.  (Even though using Python on the Mac has been
> easier and more fun in the past year than I can ever
> remember before... thanks everyone!)

Good point. Jack already has pydotorg checkin privs, so it would make more
sense for the MacPython page(s) to just be hosted on python.org. [This is
where Jack explains why he isn't already doing that.]

There is a redesign of python.org in progress, so it would also make sense
for MacPython pages to follow the new look of python.org that is on the way.