[Pythonmac-SIG] First stab at new MacPython website

John Hazen john at hazen.net
Fri Jul 25 20:29:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Nicholas Riley wrote:

> A somewhat related question - why is MacPython not hosted on
> python.org?  It does make it seem a bit like the neglected
> stepchild to have it off on its own site when the Windows/Unix
> Python versions are directly there.

This has generated some confusion for me, too.

Is MacPython what I get if I compile the CVS on my mac?  (I may be
getting it confused with some earlier "kitchen sink" version.)

If not, what additional features do I get with MacPython?  (I didn't
see that information on the site.)

-John
--
John Hazen              john at hazen.net              eFax: 801.697.4349