[Pythonmac-SIG] How to activate color ncurses

Gabriel Birke strauchdieb at gmx.de
Sat Jul 5 01:36:11 EDT 2003

Hello!

Has anyone got curses working with colors in the standard terminal? How
do I activate the colors?

I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.6 with Python 2.3a2 in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/

I've tried setting TERM to another value and installing
terminfo/termcap databases with color entries but the only result I got
were garbled or "ugly" (= plain character) lines for borders.

If you can't make it work in Terminal, maybe someone has a tip for
xterm?

Thnx,

Gabriel

--
"Windows Computers, manufactured by millions of companies, are by far
the