[Pythonmac-SIG] cjkcodecs-0.9

John Miller jmillr at umich.edu
Tue Jul 1 21:41:48 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 04:20 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Apple left the Python test stuff out of their distribution for Jaguar,
> for unknown reasons (probably oversight).
>
> You should be able to grab the Lib/test directory from a source
> distribution and drop it into /usr/lib/python2.2. Alternatively, you
> could install Python 2.2.3 through fink (if you don't mind letting
> fink on your machine), or install 2.2.3 from source yourself.

Okay, it works now. Thanks!

However, now I'd like to update (replace) the 2.2 version of Python
that Apple ships with Jaguar to 2.2.3. I'd like to check that this
would be the way to do it:

1) After downloading and unpacking Python-2.2.3.tgz I go into the top
level of the Python-2.2.3 directory and issue the following commands:

./configure --prefix /usr/lib --exec-prefix /usr/bin # I think this
matches Apple's default structure

2) Then type 'make'

3) Then type 'make test' # optional

4) Then type 'sudo make install'