[Pythonmac-SIG] cjkcodecs-0.9

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 1 23:20:47 EDT 2003

On dinsdag, 1 juli 2003, at 20:11PM, John Miller wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I installed the cjkcodecs-0.9 package on my MacOS X 10.2.6 machine
> running Python 2.2. (No version of MacPython installed.) I then went
> into the 'tests' directory and issued the command 'python testall.py'
> but got an error message:
>
> '''
> [moire:/cjkcodecs-0.9/tests] jmillr% python testall.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "testall.py", line 35, in ?
>     from test import test_support
> ImportError: No module named test

Apple left the Python test stuff out of their distribution for Jaguar,
for unknown reasons (probably oversight).

You should be able to grab the Lib/test directory from a source
distribution and drop it into /usr/lib/python2.2. Alternatively, you
could install Python 2.2.3 through fink (if you don't mind letting fink
on your machine), or install 2.2.3 from source yourself.