[Pythonmac-SIG] cjkcodecs-0.9

John Miller jmillr at umich.edu
Tue Jul 1 15:11:14 EDT 2003

Hi,
	I installed the cjkcodecs-0.9 package on my MacOS X 10.2.6 machine
running Python 2.2. (No version of MacPython installed.) I then went
into the 'tests' directory and issued the command 'python testall.py'
but got an error message:

'''
[moire:/cjkcodecs-0.9/tests] jmillr% python testall.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "testall.py", line 35, in ?
     from test import test_support
ImportError: No module named test
'''

I wrote to the developer asking for ideas, and he wrote back:

'''
'tests' package is included in Python. I think you need to install
python-devel package or something like that.
'''

If this is accurate, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this
so that it is integrated with the existing python (that is, not another
entire installation)?

If it is not accurate, are there any ideas on where to get the 'test'
module?

Thanks!

John Miller