[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only - MacPython-OSX binary distribution

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:13:27 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:

> Folks,
> a MacPython-OSX 2.3b1 binary distribution is available at
> <http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython-OSX-2.3b1-1.dmg>.
>
> This is the first time I've tried to build such an installer, the
> tools I used are based on the work from Robin Dunn and the wxPython
> folks. Please give it a try and let me know whether it works, so I can
> announce it more widely later. This will take a while, though,
> probably a week or so, because I first want to update the packages
> that can be installed with Package Manager.

Before I try this: I have Python installed from CVS as a framework.
Do I need to move this out of the way/delete this before installing
the above package?

Same goes for PyObjC when 0.9 appears...

Cheers,
M.
wishing for the day Python comes via system update

--
  NUTRIMAT:  That drink was individually tailored to meet your
             personal requirements for nutrition and pleasure.