[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only - MacPython-OSX binary distribution

Leighton Pritchard lep@aber.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:19:37 +0100

At 14:13 29/04/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:
>
> > Folks,
> > a MacPython-OSX 2.3b1 binary distribution is available at
> > <http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython-OSX-2.3b1-1.dmg>.
> >
> > [...] Please give it a try and let me know whether it works, so I can
> > announce it more widely later.
>Before I try this: I have Python installed from CVS as a framework.
>Do I need to move this out of the way/delete this before installing
>the above package?

I've just installed it over my CVS framework install (having removed
nothing first), and all my site-packages are equally accessible. I don't
appear to have lost any functionality, yet (IDLE never worked).

>Same goes for PyObjC when 0.9 appears...

I can't speak for that, however.

Dr Leighton Pritchard AMRSC
T44, Cledwyn Building, Institute of Biological Sciences
University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK, SY23 3DD
lep@aber.ac.uk                  (01970) 622353
PGP key 47B4A485: http://www.keyserver.net http://pgp.mit.edu/