[Pythonmac-SIG] Which version of Python 2.2 is in OS 10.2?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:18:06 +0100

Paul Berkowitz <berkowit@silcom.com> writes:

> I did not get an answer at comp.lang.py, so I'm writing again here. Can
> someone tell me which version of Python 2.2 is in the default Mac OS 10.2
> distribution?

Someone answered.  Maybe you can check google.

The Apple-bundled Python is "2 point 2 point nothing", aka 2.2.  Not
2.2.1 or 2.2.2.

> The complete list of Python Documentation includes two different sets for
> Python 2.2: one released on 21 December 2001 and the other on 29 March 2002.
> The Index refers to both simply as "Python 2.2": that can't be right, can
> it?

If the answer on c.l.py is to be believed the latter is an update *to
the documentation* for 2.2.

But the differences in docs between 2.2 amd 2.2.1 will be largely
insignificant.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Slim Shady is fed up with your shit, and he's going to kill you.
                         -- Eminem, "Public Service Announcement 2000"