[Pythonmac-SIG] Which version of Python 2.2 is in OS 10.2?

Paul Berkowitz berkowit@silcom.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:06:26 -0700

I did not get an answer at comp.lang.py, so I'm writing again here. Can
someone tell me which version of Python 2.2 is in the default Mac OS 10.2
distribution?

The complete list of Python Documentation includes two different sets for
Python 2.2: one released on 21 December 2001 and the other on 29 March 2002.
The Index refers to both simply as "Python 2.2": that can't be right, can
it?

When you go to the second one (29 March 2002), it actually claims to be
"Python 2.2p1" and the browser window title says "Python 2.2, update 1". I
cannot find any "What's new in Python 2.2p1" summary anywhere. So far, after
several hours of reading all the Built-ins and Modules documentation I
haven't come upon a single instance of "New in 2.2p1".

'man python' in Terminal shows a date of 2002-02-05. I guess that points
strongly to the earlier 2.2, pre-update, as being the installed version? I
can't find any other indicators.

If someone can confirm this, or otherwise, I'd very much appreciate it if
you would tell me. Thank you.

--
Paul Berkowitz