[Pythonmac-SIG] problems after installing NumPy on Jaguar

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:43:23 +0200

On zondag, september 8, 2002, at 01:38 , Kalmus, Philip wrote:

> Hi - I installed NumPy from source on Jaguar with the
> commands: >sudo python setup.py install; the installation
> seems to have gone ok, but now Apple Help crashes when
> it is opened...does anyone know what this is about?

Try deleting your help preferences (in ~/Library/Preferences).
There's both a file (help.apple.com or some such) and a folder.
They'll be recreated when you restart Help Viewer.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -