[Pythonmac-SIG] problems after installing NumPy on Jaguar

Lee Phillips lee@lee-phillips.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:14:54 -0600

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 12:38:16PM +0100, Kalmus, Philip wrote:
> Hi - I installed NumPy from source on Jaguar with the
> commands: >sudo python setup.py install; the installation
> seems to have gone ok, but now Apple Help crashes when
> it is opened...does anyone know what this is about?

I did the same install but I was lucky - my Apple Help still seems to
be working. Sometimes Help crashes if there is a no-good help file that
it tries to use. You might look at /Library/Preferences/com.apple.help.plist
and see if there is anything related to NumPy in there; it will say
where it thinks the help file is and you can delete the entry and the
file.