[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem building PyXML v0.8 in Python v2.2

W.T. Bridgman wtbridgman@radix.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:51:58 -0400

Jack,

Got it!! :^)

The alternate user didn't work, nor did the single command line, but
the single command line commenting out the last -flat_namespace does!

In the setup.py in PyXML, there's a line:

if sys.platform[:6] == "darwin": # Mac OS X
     LDFLAGS.append('-flat_namespace')

I commented out the LDFLAGS line and that seemed to clear the
problem.  I suspect this was added at one time for PyXML but then was
later incorporated into the rest of the distutils package?

Looks like the rest of the build process worked as well.

Thanks for the pointer.  How does one report this so it is fixed in
the next release?

Tom